Monday, June 24, 2013

The Journey

Its been a while since I have blogged and my hiatus has been a up and down journey since I last posted. The one thing that has kept me sane is jiu jitsu and coaching wrestling. I had moved to the Alameda area in 2010 to work for the state and was looking for a new gym to train at since I didnt want to make that drive to Pleasant Hill anymore. Looking for a new gym was tough considering I had spent a good amount of time at the Gracie Sports Center. I had found a Alliance gym in Hayward but those guys had shut down after the instructor was never really there and one of the blue belts there had told me about this place called Rio Combat which was in Alameda which was a newer place but a place worth checking out. First time there and was sold instantly the facility was awesome and the instructor was cool. 3 years have gone by there and I have achieved allot. I had finally earned the rank of blue belt from my professor and the journey still continues.

No comments: